Saturday, December 16, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Saturday, December 16, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Saturday, December 16, 2023

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.
Isaiah 50:4 (NIV)


Heavenly Father, as the dawn breaks and the morning light spills across the sky, I come before You with a grateful heart, thankful for the gift of another day. Lord, You have given me the tongue of the learned, that I might know how to sustain the weary with a word. Awaken my ear to listen as one being taught by You.

In the stillness of this morning, teach me to follow Your will and to walk in the path You have set for me. Help me to use my words to uplift those burdened by life's toils, to speak hope into the hearts of the hopeless, and to offer comfort to those who mourn.

May my words today be a reflection of Your love and wisdom. Let them be spoken at the right time, befitting the moment and the need. Keep my ears attentive to Your voice and my spirit sensitive to those around me, so I might impart grace to those who hear.

Guide my actions and guard my thoughts, as I seek to serve You in all I do. With each breath, let me draw closer to You, becoming more like Your Son, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.
May this prayer be an encouragement to you as you go through your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment