Saturday, October 12, 2024

Evening Prayer for Saturday, October 12, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Saturday Evening Prayer

October 12, 2024

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. (Matthew 6:12)

Lord of the Harvest and Keeper of the Seasons,

As the leaves turn their vibrant hues and the sun sets earlier each evening, I come before You in the quiet of this October Saturday. In the whisper of the autumn breeze, I hear Your call to reflection and forgiveness.

"Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors," You taught us to pray. Tonight, under the canopy of Your grace, I seek the strength to release the burdens of resentment, to forgive those who have wronged me as freely as You have forgiven my own trespasses.

Help me to let go of old grudges as the trees shed their leaves, making room for new growth. Wash me clean with the crisp air, that I might be renewed in spirit and light of heart. As I forgive, let me be forgiven, that the peace of Your presence may dwell in me and radiate to those around me.

In this serene evening, as dusk embraces the land, I thank You for the daily bread that sustains us, for the love that binds us, and for the mercy that transforms us. Guide us into the coming week with hearts open to love, hands ready to serve, and souls eager to live out Your will.

In Your holy name, I pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring peace and comfort to your evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment