Sunday, October 13, 2024

Evening Prayer for Sunday, October 13, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Sunday Evening Prayer

October 13, 2024

And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God. (Galatians 4:6–7)

Dear Heavenly Father,

In the cool breath of this October evening, I approach You with a heart grateful to be called Your child. As the leaves turn their vibrant hues, they remind me of the transformation You have orchestrated in my life through Your Spirit. “Because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, ‘Abba! Father!’” Therefore, I am not merely a servant, but Your child, and if a child, then also an heir through God.

This profound truth humbles me and fills my spirit with warmth as the autumn air grows crisp around me. Help me to live in the fullness of my inheritance, not in the bondage of fear but in the freedom of Your loving grace. Let Your Spirit guide my actions and my words so that I may reflect Your love and truth to those around me.

As night falls and the world quiets, let me rest in Your promises, secure in the knowledge that I am Yours, forever held in the embrace of my Abba, Father. Refresh my spirit tonight so that I may awake with renewed strength and purpose to walk in Your ways and honor You in all that I do.

In the precious name of Jesus, I pray,

Amen.

I hope this prayer brings you comfort and peace through the night.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment