Thursday, October 10, 2024

Evening Prayer for Thursday, October 10, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Thursday Evening Prayer

October 10, 2024

Since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a sacrifice of atonement by his blood, effective through faith. (Romans 3:23–25a)

Gracious God,

As twilight deepens this Thursday evening, I come before You with a heart both humbled and hopeful. For I know, Lord, that "all have sinned and fall short of Your glory," yet in Your boundless mercy, You redeem us freely by Your grace. This grace was given through Christ Jesus, whom You presented as a sacrifice of atonement by His blood, effective through faith.

In the quiet of this night, I reflect on my own shortcomings and the immense compassion You show me. Help me to grasp the depth of Your forgiveness, that I might live not as one burdened by past failings, but as one freed to love and serve. Let the truth of Your grace permeate my being, that I may extend the same forgiveness to others, and walk humbly under the weight of Your great love.

As the stars take their posts in the heavens, remind me of Your constant presence. Strengthen my faith, renew my spirit, and guide my steps in the path of Your righteousness. I rest in the assurance of Your love, knowing that You are the redeemer of all that is broken within and around us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and comfort as you end your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment