Friday, September 20, 2024

Evening Prayer for Friday, September 20, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Friday Evening Prayer

September 20, 2024

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall laud your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. (Psalm 145:3–5)

Heavenly Father, who is great and most worthy of praise,

Your greatness is unsearchable, beyond our understanding. As I close this day, I reflect on Your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of Your kingdom.

Your works, O Lord, prompt stories of Your power; I recount Your wonderful deeds, whispering thanks as the sun dips below the horizon.

Help me to meditate on Your majestic, glorious splendor and Your wonderful miracles. May my dreams be filled with the memory of Your goodness, spurring me to declare Your greatness when the new day dawns.

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and comfort this evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. "Praying the Scriptures" is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment