Sunday, September 22, 2024

Evening Prayer for Sunday, September 22, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Sunday Evening Prayer

September 22, 2024

He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far he removes our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:10–12)

Gracious and Compassionate God,

As the sun sets on this day, I come before You with a humble heart. You do not treat me as my sins deserve nor repay me according to my iniquities. Your steadfast love reaches beyond the heavens, and Your mercy is immeasurable.

Thank You for removing my transgressions as far as the east is from the west. Cleanse me from all unrighteousness and renew a right spirit within me. Help me to embrace Your forgiveness and extend that same grace to others.

As I rest tonight, may Your peace envelop me. Guard my heart and mind, and prepare me for the days to come. Let me continually remember Your loving-kindness and live in a way that honors You.

In Jesus' name, I pray.

Amen.

I hope this prayer brings you comfort and peace through the night.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment