Monday, September 16, 2024

Morning Prayer for Monday, September 16, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Monday Morning Prayer

September 16, 2024

When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf. You also are to testify because you have been with me from the beginning. (John 15:26–27)

Gracious and Loving God,

As I rise this morning, I thank You for the gift of another day. I am reminded of Your promise that the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, comes from You to guide and strengthen me. Just as Your Word says, "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf," I trust in the Spirit's presence to fill my heart with truth and wisdom.

Lord, as I bear witness to Your love today, may the Holy Spirit lead me in all that I do. Let me be bold in sharing the testimony of Your goodness, just as Your disciples have done throughout the ages. Help me speak truth with kindness, serve with humility, and love as You have loved me. In every encounter, may I reflect the grace and peace of Christ, who lives within me.

As this day unfolds, may I remain sensitive to the Spirit’s gentle guidance. Open my heart to listen, my mind to understand, and my soul to receive the comfort and strength that only You can provide.

In Jesus' name, I pray.

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and strength as you start your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment