Friday, October 11, 2024

Evening Prayer for Friday, October 11, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Friday Evening Prayer

October 11, 2024

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so you will live in the land, and enjoy security. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:3–4)

Lord of the Harvest,

As the sun sets on this crisp October evening, I come before You with a heart seeking tranquility in Your presence. In the gentle rustle of the autumn leaves, I hear Your call to "trust in You and do good." So, here I stand, Lord, rooted in the soil of Your love, striving to dwell in the land of Your faithfulness.

As the hues of fall deepen, I delight in You, O God. The beauty of creation mirrors the desires You plant within me—a harvest of hopes and dreams nurtured by Your hand. With each passing day, I seek to align my desires with Your will, trusting that You will grant what my heart truly needs.

In the quiet of this evening, under the canopy of Your grace, help me to rest in the promise that as I delight in You, You will shape the desires of my heart. Teach me to find joy in what You have given and to cultivate gratitude like the fields awaiting their harvest.

May my actions reflect Your goodness, and my life be a testimony of Your abundant peace. In Your holy name, I pray.

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and comfort this evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment