Friday, September 27, 2024

Evening Prayer for Friday, September 27, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Friday Evening Prayer

September 27, 2024

I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness; for you have exalted your name and your word above everything. (Psalm 138:1–2)

Heavenly Father,

In the quiet of this evening, I come before You with a grateful heart, praising You with my whole being. For Your steadfast love and faithfulness are everlasting, and You have magnified Your name and Your word above all.

Lord, as the sun sets and the stars take their place, I remember Your promises and the countless times You have heard my voice. You have strengthened my soul with Your presence and answered me when I called. Your kindness has been my comfort and Your guidance, my light.

In the stillness, I rest in the assurance that You are with me. Teach me to walk in Your ways and to hold onto Your truths, for Your love is unfailing. As I lay down to sleep, surround me with Your peace and guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Thank You, Lord, for Your unending faithfulness. I will sing of Your praises as long as I live, for You are my God, and Your merciful kindness is my refuge.

In Jesus' name, I pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and comfort this evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment