Friday, September 27, 2024

Morning Prayer for Friday, September 27, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Friday Morning Prayer

September 27, 2024

I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness; for you have exalted your name and your word above everything. (Psalm 138:1–2)

Heavenly Father,

With all my heart, I praise You this morning, for Your steadfast love and faithfulness. You are worthy of all honor, and before the angels, I will sing Your praises. I thank You for hearing my prayers and for being ever present in my life.

Lord, as I start this day, I ask that You guide my thoughts and actions so that they may reflect Your glory. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight. Strengthen me, O God, according to Your promise.

Thank You for Your truth and for preserving my life through Your mighty hand. May Your name be exalted above all things today and always.

In Jesus’ Name,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and inspiration for the day ahead.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment