Saturday, March 12, 2016

Daily Meditation for March 12, 2016

From Forward Day by Day

Exodus 3:3 Then Moses said, “I must turn aside and look at this great sight, and see why the bush is not burned up.”

Moses was minding his business. He had important shepherd stuff to do. I’m sure he had a to-do list. He saw the burning bush. Now, it would have been reasonable for him to think to himself, “Oh, that’s interesting. Wish I had time to check that out. But I have things to do, places to go, sheep to see.” Thanks be to God, he made a different choice. He turned aside.


We are called to turn aside too. It’s fashionable in our culture to be super-busy. We have important things to do. I wonder what we miss because we do not turn aside. For Moses, turning aside led to meeting the great I AM. He didn’t know that would be the result. For us, we might not see the burning bush, but there are people all around us burning with the glory of the Spirit, if we will but only turn aside. Are we too busy to meet the great I AM?