Friday, May 6, 2016

His Princess Every Day - Friday, May 6, 2016

Devotionals for Women - Inspirational author and speaker Sheri Rose Shepherd imagines what a letter written from God to you would look like.

His Open Door

My Daughter,

Not every open door in your life is from Me. If I opened the door, it will not cause you confusion. It will lead you to a closer relationship with Me. Don’t immediately follow people through an open door simply because they claim to speak for Me or ask you to trust them more than Me and My Word. Don’t seek counsel from those who don’t walk in My wisdom or who don’t live solely for Me. My open doors bring glory to My name and further My Kingdom. I am a God of order, and when I order your steps, I open doors that no man can shut. So before you walk toward a new opportunity, be sure to pray and count the cost of what you are giving up. Take an honest look at where you will be going and whether you are headed in the most effective and everlasting direction. When you seek My guidance, you will hear My still voice say, “This is the way, My beloved; now walk in it.” 

Love,
Your heavenly Father

This is what the LORD says:
"Stop at the crossroads and look around.
Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls.” - Jeremiah 6:16

Treasure of Truth

Before you walk away, count the cost of what you are leaving behind.

This devotional is written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2015. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Visit HisPrincess.com for devotionals, books, videos, and more from Sheri Rose Shepherd.