Monday, May 30, 2016

His Princess Every Day - I Have Covered You

Devotionals for Women - Inspirational author and speaker Sheri Rose Shepherd imagines what a letter written from God to you would look like.

My Bride,

I have covered you with my blood. I loved you with my life. I don’t see you the way you see yourself; that is why I paid the ultimate price for any and all things that you have ever done. You are my spotless and pure bride. Should you refuse to receive my forgiveness, my love, you are saying my death on the cross was not enough for you. When you ask forgiveness, I cast your sin in the sea of forgetfulness and remember it no more. Now dance with the joy of your salvation, My beauty, My bride. Because You are free!

Love,
Your Prince and Purity 

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace
was upon Him,and by His wounds we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5 (NIV) 

Prayer to my Prince 

You have given your life for my mistakes, and all you require in return is that I receive your gift of a new day and a new life. It is so hard to believe that all I have ever done wrong is lost in your sea of forgetfulness. How could you love me so immensely that you would cleanse my guilty stains with your blood? Help me truly accept your life-changing forgiveness. May I never look back at who I was again. May I walk the rest of my days as your pure princess bride. 

Love, 
Your bride who is forever forgiven 

Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven,
Whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those
Whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt,
Whose lives are lived in complete honesty! - Psalm 32:1-2 (NLT) 

This devotional is written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2015. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Visit HisPrincess.com for devotionals, books, videos, and more from Sheri Rose Shepherd.