Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Chocolate For Your Soul with Sheri Rose Shepherd - Being Like Christ

by Sheri Rose Shepherd
Click on the image below to watch this week's video devotional


Sometimes we are so set in our own ways, we can get in the way of God using us to lead others to Him. There is a fine line between being ourselves and being like Christ. God is so sweet to always meet us where we are and then raise us up as His children. Let's ask The Lord today to help us be whatever He needs us to be so He can work most effectively through us.

God's Letter to You

I believe if The Lord was going to write you a personal letter about battles this life brings it may read like this....

My child, 

I have asked you to lose your life so you can find your life in Me. However, many times you lose sight of why you’re on earth because you get lost in trivial things. The stuff that concerns you will not matter once you are finally home. Many times I allow disappointment as a divine intervention to get you to reflect on what really matters most to you and Me. Don’t allow disappointment to direct your path; instead, let it redirect you to reflect on and connect to Me again.

You wouldn’t question the roadblocks if you really trusted Me to pave the way I want you to walk. Now, My beloved, be still and reflect on who I really am in your life. Ask yourself if you dwell in My presence or in pursuit of happiness. In our quiet times of reflection, you will find renewed strength in our quiet times of reflection and I promise not a moment spent with Me will be ever wasted.

Love,
Your heavenly Daddy 

"Whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it." -- Matthew 16:25

No comments:

Post a Comment