Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Chocolate For Your Soul with Sheri Rose Shepherd - That's Too Heavy for You to Carry!

by Sheri Rose Shepherd

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. — Matthew 11:29-30


Your Lord is waiting and wanting to carry any and all pain that has burrowed its way into your soul. If you feel heavy hearted and weighed down, maybe it's time to cry out to God and let Him carry you to a place where your soul can find rest today.

King David cried out to God every time he was hurting, and he is known as “a man after God’s own heart.” We find another example of honesty before God in King Hezekiah. He was on his deathbed when he prayed and wept bitterly before the Lord. God heard his prayers, saw his tears, and healed him. If you truly want to be a woman after God’s own heart and want to know the complete healing God offers you, then run to Him every time you hurt. He is your Daddy in heaven, and He longs to comfort and heal you. No one can heal your heart or soothe your soul like your King can. No one loves you more, and no one else has the power or passion for you that your God has. He is the Lover of your soul, and He longs for you to run to Him so that He can bring you to perfect healing and perfect peace.

God's Letter to You

I believe if The Lord was going to write you a personal letter about battles this life brings it may read like this....

My Princess,

I am here my beloved, now let me carry your burdens for you. My shoulders are strong enough to hold all that is too heavy for you to carry on your own. I am your Lord and I am in your life to lighten your load. Now tell your prince what I need to take from you, that you may pursue your life in peace. What ever it is, my love, I can take it. Please open your hand and place your cares on me. I want to give you some rest for your weary soul and see you smile again!

Love,
Your Strong Prince


Treasure of Truth

"Come to me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." — Matthew 11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment