Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Chocolate For Your Soul with Sheri Rose Shepherd - Don't Be Afraid to Feel

by Sheri Rose Shepherd

Weeping may last through the night but joy comes with the morning. — Psalm 30:5


If you feel lonely and rejected or fearful and ashamed, what do you do with your emotional pain? You may have been afflicted by the unloving blows of another person or maybe by your own disobedience. But whatever the cause, you don't have to feel guilty for crying out to God. When you do cry out, you are identifying with Jesus. You are learning to know Him and the fellowship of His suffering. When you hide out, you are identifying with Adam and separating yourself from the sweet fellowship of God.

There is no easy way to deal with emotional pain, but God promises that those who sow with tears will reap with joy and the same is true for you.

Just remember: The same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead will give you the power to deal with your pain and lead you to a more intimate relationship with Him! You will be able to experience excellence in your life in a way you could never have dreamed possible.

God's Letter to You

I believe if The Lord was going to write you a personal letter about battles this life brings it may read like this.... 

My Princess,

I know you wonder where I am in the middle of your pain. Although you can’t see Me, My eyes are always on you, and I see every tear that has ever rolled off your precious face. My Father’s heart breaks as I look for ways to remind you that My comfort is only a whisper away. Your feelings will always deceive you, which is why I gave you My Holy Spirit. The next time your heart doubts Me, pray and reflect on the last time you were sure I had forsaken you. Remember that I was there all along, working out what you could not see in your moment of mourning. I have always been with you; I was there when you cried your first tear, and I will be there to catch your last tear on earth. This weeping will not last, My Love, but it will lead you back to Me, where your joy, hope, and love will once again be restored as you soak in My presence.

Love,
Your Tender, Loving God


Treasure of Truth

Our God does not waste pain . . . but He does wipe away every tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment