Friday, September 16, 2016

His Princess Every Day - Rest for the Warrior

Inspirational author and speaker Sheri Rose Shepherd imagines what a letter written from God to you would look like.

My Princess Warrior,

I am never too tired to carry you when you’re too weak to walk. This is one of the privileges of being My Princess. Take my gift of a Sabbath and rest, my beloved. Allow your body and  mind to refuel while you rest. I can lift that heaviness in your heary so you will be more effective. Let Me be your refuge when you’re weary from life. I am the One who wants to bear all burdens. Now rest in me to receive My perfect peace, which will refresh and renew your strength. Now let go, and find rest for your weary soul.

Love,
Your God of perfect peace

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” - Matthew 11:28 (NLT)

A Prayer for the Weary

I pray in Jesus name that you will be refreshed by His love, and learn to lay your burdens at His feet. I pray that you will stand on His promises and find rest in knowing your God will take care of you. I pray you will allow Him to comfort and restore you from the inside out. May you have the peace of knowing that the Creator of everything loves you. May you be strengthened in Him so that you will be ready to fight any battle you may face.

And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. - Genesis 2:3 (NLT)

This devotional is written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2015. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Visit HisPrincess.com for devotionals, books, videos, and more from Sheri Rose Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment