Friday, June 2, 2017

Morning Devotions with Cap'n Kenny - The Heavy Load


Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
~ Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

I knew her and loved her, even when she was sulky, and full of complaints. I noticed that she carried a backpack that looked heavy. After a long period of hearing her complaints and seeing her weariness she asked for my help. I asked, “A.J., what are you carrying in that heavy back pack? I think that might be the source of all your aches, pains and tiredness. You carry it every day. It’s not good for you to carry that weight.”

A.J. put her backpack down on her desk and began to open it. She said, “You don’t understand. These are things I have to keep with me at all times. I can’t be without them. I must carry them.” I asked her to let me see the content of her bag. She was hesitant as she was fearful of my reaction to the things she was going to reveal.

When she opened it, there were five large rocks, each weighing approximately 20 pounds. There were words imprinted on these rocks.

The first rock had the word, finance. She explained that money had been so tight in her family, since her husband had a big pay cut. They could not meet their bills.

The second rock had the word, marriage. She explained that because of the mounting bills, arguments had been erupting between her and her husband. There was a strain on their marriage.

The third rock had the word, children. Because of the marital and financial issues, there was a toll on the children.

The fourth rock was, overworked and tired. Again, because of the first rock, A.J. had been working four part-time jobs to make ends meet. She was exhausted.

The fifth rock was, hopelessness. A.J. explained that she had prayed and prayed over the situation, for three years, but things were not changing. She was beginning to feel like no one was hearing her prayers.

I wept with her as I could see the source of her complaints and pain. She needed my help.

I asked her if there was any improvement to the situation by carrying the very first rock. She had to admit that the answer was, “No!” I asked her, “You told me that you have been praying about the situation, but have you ever thought about releasing it and giving it to me?” She nervously said, ”But what if we lose our home?” I asked again, ”Is there really any improvement by worrying about it? Does it help your finances at all? In reality, you are carrying the weight and the finances do not change at all. So now you have financial problems and the load, both!”

It was then she made a decision to release that weight, even if it meant losing everything. The first rock was the hardest for her to surrender. The other rocks were discharged with a little more ease until all rocks were placed at the foot of a cross in my garden. We prayed and cried together.

I the Lord, took my sledge hammer and crushed those rocks to pieces. I planted a seed and watered the ground, letting the sand from the rocks soak into the soil. From those rocks I brought forth a beautiful rose bush. Adora Jenny was finally healed.
Lord, We give our heavy rocks to you. Thank you for replacing it with your peace. Amen
In Jesus,
Cap'n Kenny


Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the King James Version (KJV), Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment