Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Morning Devotions with Cap'n Kenny - Almost Persuaded


Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You almost persuade me to become a Christian.”
~ Acts 26:28 (NKJV)

Agrippa is like many people. He heard a story. The story was compelling. He almost believed it, but not quite.

In today’s age, we are bombarded with myths, fairytales, super heroes, magic tricks, horror stories, space age movies, and tales of aliens and monsters. Standing next to all this, we have the Bible. It’s just an old book, brought down through the many, many ages of life. When we are so mesmerized by all the visual and audio stimulus of make believe, how can we even entertain the idea of this old book having something to offer today?

More than ever, we live in a time of being duped. We are led to believe that the latest marketing product just might change our life. Then we buy it. We find out it was a lie.

We are duped by the supposedly Internal Revenue Service, calling on the phone, to gain access to our social security number. The true IRS will never call us. Someone is trying to steal our identity.

We are duped by the movie that shows us the glamour of Hollywood. Then we see behind the scenes, people who struggle, just like us. There is no difference, except their secrets are opened to the public.

So how are we ever to be persuaded to believe the story of the Bible? It tells of a God, who created the earth. It tells of man created by God. It tells of man’s fall when He was enticed by the evil one. It tells of rules and regulations, wars and victories. It tells of a Messiah to come who could rid man of his sin. It tells of Jesus who was that Messiah. It tells of His willing death on a cross, taking the punishment for man. It tells of His resurrection. It tells of man’s life everlasting, through Jesus. It tells of God destroying this earth and the evil one. It tells of God setting up His new kingdom on earth where there will be no more death, pain or tears.

It sounds like another fairy tale with the, “happily ever after” ending. How can we be duped into believing this?

My answer is, “I don’t know.” However, I personally choose to believe it. We are going to believe in something even if we choose to believe it’s not true. I know personally, that time after time, God has proven Himself to me. I myself have an assurance of my eternity. I do not fear death. I have someone who will never fail me. I have a peace-of-mind, comfort-of-soul, strength-for-endurance, love-unconditionally, guilt-free, sin-free, washed-clean, never-alone, free-forever, and confident-in-Him, life.

I can only tell you what God has done for me, but then again, who am I? In the eyes of the world, I am a “nobody.” In God’s eyes, I am His special, adopted child. My hope is that you will be persuaded to believe. Don’t sit on the fence. Fall or stand for something. Wouldn’t you like a good ending to your story? I myself, would highly recommend Jesus.
Dear Lord, Thank you for the Bible. By faith, I choose to believe in you. Amen
In Jesus,
Cap'n Kenny


Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the New King James Version®, NKJV® Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment