Friday, January 5, 2018

Morning Devotions with Cap'n Kenny - Made Perfect in Weakness


Made Perfect in Weakness

"I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death."

Nick Vujicic was raised in a loving Christian home. But he was born without limbs, and the kids at school were very cruel to him. At times Nick despaired even of life. But then he discovered that God could use him for His glory, and now he travels around the world sharing his story. Nick’s life shows us how God can work through human weakness and suffering.

Part of knowing the Lord is in the fellowship of His suffering. The apostle Paul suffered. He wrote in 2 Corinthians 12 about an experience in which he was caught up to Heaven and saw things that he couldn’t describe. But he went on to say, “Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses” (verses 7–9).

God can work mightily through disability—sometimes even more effectively than through someone who has no disability. If you’ve faced calamity, if you’ve had a loved one die unexpectedly, if you struggle with a physical infirmity or challenge and can still rejoice and praise God, then that, my friend, is a powerful witness. And in some ways, it can be more powerful than the witness of someone who has no infirmity at all.
Creator God, we are your people. We look to the future with optimism and with faith in You, as we pursue our call to provide justice and fullness of life for all people with disabilities.

We pray that every man, woman and child may develop their potential and meet You in themselves and in one another.

May we enjoy a totally welcoming community, with You as our center, joined hand in hand with our sisters and brothers. We ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen
In Jesus,
Cap'n Kenny


Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Suffering can be a powerful witness for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment