Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Morning Devotions with Chaplain Kenny - Overcoming the Insurmountable


Overcoming the Insurmountable

On the tenth day of the first month the people went up from the Jordan and camped at Gilgal on the eastern border of Jericho.
~ Joshua 4:19 (NIV)

The day of reckoning had come for Jericho. The inhabitants of the city were very wicked people, and they deserved judgment. History tells us the Canaanites used their children as prostitutes for false gods and even sacrificed their children on pagan altars. They were into every kind of idolatry, perversion, and sin.

This evil had gone on for years and years, and God had patiently endured it, from the time of Abraham to Moses—a period of four hundred years. The people of Jericho had plenty of time to repent, because they knew the Israelites were coming. When the spies met Rahab, she said, “We have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red Sea[a] for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to Sihon and Og, the two kings of the Amorites east of the Jordan, whom you completely destroyed. When we heard of it, our hearts melted in fear and everyone’s courage failed because of you, for the Lord your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.” (Joshua 2:10–11).

These people knew about the miracles God had done for Israel, yet they continued in their hardness of heart. Then came the Israelites, marching around their city day after day. The Canaanites easily could have said, “Judgment day is here! We repent! Come into our city—we want to serve your God!” Instead, they probably laughed at the Israelites. They probably dumped garbage on them. But when the last day came, Israel blew their ram’s horns and gave their shouts, and the walls of Jericho collapsed.

Like the people of Israel, you can overcome the insurmountable. Just do what God tells you to do, and trust Him. There is no illness He can’t heal. There is no need He can’t meet. There is no problem He can’t resolve. And there is no person He can’t save. Just trust Him.
Lord, I thank You that You are the God of the impossible. You can do anything. I want to trust in Your ability and not my own. Teach me to see difficulties in my life from Your perspective. Help me to focus on You and Your power. I want to be like Joshua and Caleb who believed in a good report and focused on You even in hard circumstances. My responsibility is to carefully read, trust, and obey Your Word. Today I bring before You this difficulty in my life [Name a hard situation you are right now facing]. Help me not to fear but to trust You in this situation. I declare my faith in Your ability to fulfill Your promises to me. You will fight for me and win the battles in my life. You are mighty, powerful, righteous and true. Amen.
In Jesus,
Chaplain Kenny

Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Facing the impossible? There is no problem God can't resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment