Monday, July 16, 2018

Morning Devotions with Chaplain Kenny - Contentment


Contentment

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
~ 1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV)

Money—we spend so much time pursuing it, managing it and thinking about it. How much should you save, invest and tithe? If you’re married, how much should go toward your shopping versus your husband’s golf game? Who should pay the bills? Stress over money can make a person feel torn or drive a couple apart.

But in the end, money has no real, eternal value. It’s ultimately worthless. It cannot save you or satisfy you, and it can distract from what’s really important. So the next time a conflict over money erupts in your heart or house, ask yourself: is it really worth this worry?
Dear Lord, thank You for the contentment I have. Thank You for helping my heart to understand how to be satisfied. I pray greed, money, possessions never become an idol in my life. I pray against discontentment. I pray against the temptation of thinking that what I have is not enough. Lord, please help me to be truly content. Help me to walk in freedom and experience Your overwhelming peace in Jesus’ Amen!
In Jesus,
Chaplain Kenny

Seeking God?
Click HERE to find out more about how to have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ.

Scripture taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Devotion taken from NIV Busy Mom’s Bible, ©2017 HarperCollins Christian Publishing.
Is it ever okay for a Christian to desire wealth?

No comments:

Post a Comment