Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Morning Prayer for WEDNESDAY, January 30, 2019


Wednesday morning prayer

While walking to evening prayer in New Delhi, India, Mohandas Gandhi was shot five times at point blank range and died almost immediately. Gandhi was the primary political and spiritual leader of India during his country’s independence movement. He was one of the first in India to practice mass civil disobedience and nonviolence against the tyranny in his country, inspiring a host of twentieth-century activists.

Gandhi said, “If I have read the Bible correctly, I know many men who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ or have even rejected the official interpretation of Christianity who will, probably, if Jesus came in our midst today in the flesh, be owned by him more than many of us.”

Lord on this day of the week I recall the strength of the Trinity in my life. Thank you for the strands that hold me safe in the Father, that bring redemption and grace in the Son, and freedom and hope through the Holy Spirit. Thank you for this cord of strength. May I celebrate with the Three that encircle my life! And this day may I give out the love of the Father, the grace of the Son and the freedom of the Holy Spirit in all I do.

We know, Lord, that the world will never cease to return hatred for love and violence for peace. Still we pray for the courage and confidence to walk in love and peace for the sake of those who have never known love or peace, for the sake of our own treacherous hearts. Amen.

May Wednesday be a dwelling day,
Curled up on Abba's knee.
Following in the path of Christ,
With His Spirit I'm set free.
Let Wednesday always prompt my heart
To travel home to nest.
To feel the blessings of my faith
To know Your peace and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment