Friday, May 10, 2019

The Daily Lectionary for SATURDAY, May 11, 2019

Future Blessing for Israel
Ezekiel 28:25-26

The Daily Lectionary
SATURDAY, May 11, 2019
(Revised Common Lectionary Year C)

Psalm 23
The Divine Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
1  The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2    He makes me lie down in green pastures;
   he leads me beside still waters;
3    he restores my soul.
   He leads me in right paths
     for his name’s sake.

4  Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
     I fear no evil;
   for you are with me;
     your rod and your staff—
     they comfort me.

5  You prepare a table before me
     in the presence of my enemies;
   you anoint my head with oil;
     my cup overflows.
6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
     all the days of my life,
   and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
     my whole life long.

Ezekiel 28:25-26
Future Blessing for Israel
28:25 Thus says the Lord God: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall settle on their own soil that I gave to my servant Jacob. 26 They shall live in safety in it, and shall build houses and plant vineyards. They shall live in safety, when I execute judgments upon all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. And they shall know that I am the Lord their God.

Luke 12:29-32
12:29 And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. 30 For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Optional parts of the readings are set off in [square brackets.]

The Bible texts of the Old Testament, Epistle and Gospel lessons are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Church of Christ in the USA, and used by permission.

The Daily Lectionary is a three year cyclical lectionary. We are currently in Year C. Beginning with the first Sunday of Advent in 2019, we will be in Year A. The year which ended at Advent 2018 was Year B. These readings complement the Sunday and festival readings: Thursday through Saturday readings help prepare the reader for the Sunday ahead; Monday through Wednesday readings help the reader reflect and digest on what they heard in worship. Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts. www.commontexts.org
Thus says the Lord God: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall settle on their own soil that I gave to my servant Jacob.

No comments:

Post a Comment