Friday, September 6, 2019

The Daily Prayer for SATURDAY, Sept 7, 2019


The Daily Prayer
for SATURDAY, September 7, 2019

Mechthild of Magdeburg, a thirteenth-century mystic, wrote, “What hinders spiritual people most of all from complete perfection is that they pay so little attention to small sins. I tell you in truth: when I hold back a smile which would harm no one, or have a sourness in my heart which I tell to no one, or feel some impatience with my own pain, then my soul becomes so dark and my heart so cold that I must weep greatly and lament pitiably and yearn greatly and humbly confess all my lack of virtue.”

Thank you, Lord, that no sin is too small to bring the conviction of heart that may lead us to repentance and more faithful living. Convict us of our smallest sins so we might learn to delight in your ways. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment