Friday, March 6, 2020

The Daily Lectionary for SATURDAY, March 7, 2020

https://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/revised-common-lectionary-complementary/2020/03/07?version=NIV
Psalm 121; Isaiah 51:4-8; Luke 7:1-10

The Daily Lectionary
SATURDAY, March 7, 2020
(Revised Common Lectionary Year A)

The Lord watches over you
1  I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
     where does my help come from?
2  My help comes from the Lord,
     the Maker of heaven and earth.

3  He will not let your foot slip—
     he who watches over you will not slumber;
4  indeed, he who watches over Israel
     will neither slumber nor sleep.

5  The Lord watches over you—
     the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6  the sun will not harm you by day,
     nor the moon by night.

7  The Lord will keep you from all harm—
     he will watch over your life;
8  the Lord will watch over your coming and going
     both now and forevermore.

God’s word means justice for all
4  “Listen to me, my people;
     hear me, my nation:
   Instruction will go out from me;
     my justice will become a light to the nations.
5  My righteousness draws near speedily,
     my salvation is on the way,
     and my arm will bring justice to the nations.
   The islands will look to me
     and wait in hope for my arm.
6  Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
     look at the earth beneath;
   the heavens will vanish like smoke,
     the earth will wear out like a garment
     and its inhabitants die like flies.
   But my salvation will last forever,
     my righteousness will never fail.

7  “Hear me, you who know what is right,
     you people who have taken my instruction to heart:
   Do not fear the reproach of mere mortals
     or be terrified by their insults.
8  For the moth will eat them up like a garment;
     the worm will devour them like wool.
   But my righteousness will last forever,
     my salvation through all generations.”

Room at the table of Abraham
7:1 When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” 6 So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.” 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Optional parts of the readings are set off in [square brackets.]

The Bible texts of the Old Testament, Epistle, and Gospel lessons are from The Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The Daily Lectionary is a three-year cyclical lectionary. We are currently in Year A. Beginning with the first Sunday of Advent in 2020, we will be in Year B. The year which ended at Advent 2019 was Year C. These readings complement the Sunday and festival readings: Thursday through Saturday readings help prepare the reader for the Sunday ahead; Monday through Wednesday readings help the reader reflect and digest what they heard in worship. Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts. www.commontexts.org
The Daily Lectionary for SATURDAY, March 7, 2020
Psalm 121; Isaiah 51:4-8; Luke 7:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment