Friday, April 24, 2020

The Daily Prayer for SATURDAY, April 25, 2020

https://biblegateway.christianbook.com/common-prayer-liturgy-for-ordinary-radicals/shane-claiborne/9780310326199/pd/326199
The Daily Prayer
SATURDAY, April 25, 2020

Sixth-century hermit Dorotheos of Gaza wrote, “Scripture says, Love your neighbor as yourself. And yet, you ask, ‘How can I love my neighbor as myself when I have things hidden in my heart which I cannot see, or even know?’ Do not consider virtues excessively difficult or unattainable, but make at least a little effort and have confidence in God. If our brother or sister needs something, give it freely. By this we go up the ladder of righteousness one rung at a time, until finally, with God’s help, we reach the top. For through this repeated coming to your neighbor’s rescue, you do what is advantageous for both your neighbor and yourself.”

Lord, help us to see that our well-being is inextricably bound to the well-being of our neighbor. Our sorrows are shared. Our longings are shared. Our fears are shared. Enable us also to share compassion, patience, and courage today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment