Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The Daily Lectionary for THURSDAY, July 30, 2020

https://classic.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/revised-common-lectionary-semicontinuous/2020/07/30?version=NIV

The Daily Lectionary
THURSDAY, July 30, 2020
Psalm 17:1-7, 15; Isaiah 14:1-2; Philippians 4:10-15
(Revised Common Lectionary Year A)

I shall see your face
1  Hear me, Lord, my plea is just;
     listen to my cry.
   Hear my prayer—
     it does not rise from deceitful lips.
2  Let my vindication come from you;
     may your eyes see what is right.

3  Though you probe my heart,
     though you examine me at night and test me,
   you will find that I have planned no evil;
     my mouth has not transgressed.
4  Though people tried to bribe me,
     I have kept myself from the ways of the violent
    through what your lips have commanded.
5  My steps have held to your paths;
     my feet have not stumbled.

6  I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
     turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
7  Show me the wonders of your great love,
     you who save by your right hand
     those who take refuge in you from their foes.

15 As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;
     when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.

Compassion for Jacob
1  The Lord will have compassion on Jacob;
     once again he will choose Israel
     and will settle them in their own land.
   Foreigners will join them
     and unite with the descendants of Jacob.
2  Nations will take them
     and bring them to their own place.
   And Israel will take possession of the nations
     and make them male and female servants in the Lord’s land.
   They will make captives of their captors
     and rule over their oppressors.

Being well fed and yet hungry
4:10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only.

Optional parts of the readings are set off in [square brackets.]

The Bible texts of the Old Testament, Epistle, and Gospel lessons are from The Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

The Daily Lectionary is a three-year cyclical lectionary. We are currently in Year A. Beginning with the first Sunday of Advent in 2020, we will be in Year B. The year which ended at Advent 2019 was Year C. These readings complement the Sunday and festival readings: Thursday through Saturday readings help prepare the reader for the Sunday ahead; Monday through Wednesday readings help the reader reflect and digest what they heard in worship. Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts. www.commontexts.org
The Daily Lectionary for THURSDAY, July 30, 2020
Psalm 17:1-7, 15; Isaiah 14:1-2; Philippians 4:10-15

No comments:

Post a Comment