Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Daily Prayer for THURSDAY, August 13, 2020

https://biblegateway.christianbook.com/common-prayer-liturgy-for-ordinary-radicals/shane-claiborne/9780310326199/pd/326199
The Daily Prayer
THURSDAY, August 13, 2020

In 1957, following the Supreme Court’s decision against racial segregation in Brown v. Board of Education, African-American students in Arkansas were admitted to Little Rock High School for the first time.

This is a prayer of Charles de Foucauld: “Father, I abandon myself into your hands. Do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I will thank you. I am ready for all; I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, as in all your creatures. And I’ll ask nothing else, my Lord.”

Lord, you came as a child to lead us toward your kingdom. We thank you for the dreams of the young. Fill us with wonder and give us a childlike audacity, even in the face of trials and persecution, to believe in another world despite the evidence around us, and to watch the evidence change. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment