Wednesday, August 5, 2020

The Daily Prayer for THURSDAY, August 6, 2020

https://biblegateway.christianbook.com/common-prayer-liturgy-for-ordinary-radicals/shane-claiborne/9780310326199/pd/326199
The Daily Prayer
THURSDAY, August 6, 2020

The Transfiguration

In 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, marking the first use of a nuclear weapon against people. As we remember the transfiguration of Christ in the mysterious light of glory, we also remember all those who were tragically and senselessly transfigured by the first nuclear blast. May their memory help us to see a way toward peace in our time.

Hear this story of the desert fathers: “Abba Lot went to see Abba Joseph and said to him, ‘Abba, as far as I can I say my little office, I fast a little, I pray and meditate, I live in peace and as far as I can, I purify my thoughts. What else can I do?’ Then the old man stood up and stretched his hands towards heaven. His fingers became like ten lamps of fire and he said to him, ‘If you will, you can become all flame.’”

Creator of the Universe, thank you for your dazzling imagination. Set a fire inside us that burns with your love. Help us to shine as you shine, so that people might not see us but see you shining through us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment