Friday, March 26, 2021

Bible Verse of the Day for Saturday, March 27, 2021

 

Bible Verse of the Day
Saturday, March 27, 2021


Psalm 62:7
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
"My salvation and my honor depend on God." What else can we boast about if not what gives us salvation? It is only natural to praise the One who ensures the safety of our souls. If a person places all his hopes on God and boasts of Him, then his soul is truly enlightened. "He is my mighty rock, my refuge." The psalmist describes God with a variety of epithets, for he longs to give all the glory to the One whom he tested and found to be the true and faithful God. Ignorance does not need a variety of words, but when experience enriches our arsenal of knowledge, we need a rich vocabulary in which to clothe this treasure. God is not just our refuge, but also the fortress of our strength, thanks to which we boldly challenge the insidious enemy. And if so, then God should be praised for both. Note that no matter how the psalmist calls God, he never forgets to call Him his own: "my rock," "my salvation," "my refuge," "my honor." God is not just salvation, stronghold, and glory. It is not enough for David to know that God is salvation, rock and honor; it is important for him to be sure that in all His qualities God is his God.

Read all of Psalm 62

Listen to Psalm 62


Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®

No comments:

Post a Comment