Monday, October 23, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Monday, October 23, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Monday, October 23, 2023

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
2 Corinthians 1:3–5 (NIV)


Dear Heavenly Father, God of all comfort and compassion, as I rise to greet this new day, I thank You for Your ever-present love and faithfulness. I am reminded by the words of Apostle Paul that You are the source of all comfort, not just for me, but for all who call upon Your name.

Father, as I face the challenges of today, I ask for Your comfort to surround me in every circumstance. Whether I encounter struggles, uncertainty, or even joy, may I never forget that You are with me, and that Your comfort abounds through Christ.

Lord, equip me to be an instrument of Your comfort to others. As You have comforted me, help me to extend that same comfort to those who are in trouble or distress. Make my hands Your hands, and my words Your words, as I interact with the people around me.

I recognize that the sufferings of this world are shared, but in the same breath, I acknowledge that Your comfort abounds through Christ. No suffering is too great, no problem too large, that Your comfort cannot reach us.

I offer this prayer in the powerful name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior, who reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
May this prayer bring you comfort and guide you throughout your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment