Thursday, October 12, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Thursday, October 12, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Thursday, October 12, 2023

Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us.
Matthew 6:12 (GNT)


Dear Heavenly Father, as the dawn breaks and a new day unfolds, I am humbled to stand before You, grateful for the breath in my lungs and the love that sustains me. Lord, You are the Creator of light, the Giver of life, and the Author of all good things. I give thanks for the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead, knowing You are with me every step of the way.

Father, today I bring before You the verse from Matthew, "Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us." I seek Your mercy and forgiveness for my own shortcomings and sins, both known and unknown. I confess that I have stumbled, acted selfishly, and have not always lived up to Your loving expectations.

In the same breath, Lord, I also bring to mind those who have wronged me. Whether the offenses are small or great, I choose today to forgive, just as You have forgiven me. Empty my heart of any bitterness, resentment, or hate. Fill it, instead, with Your endless love, compassion, and understanding. Equip me with the strength to not only say these words but to live them out in my daily actions and thoughts.

God, grant me the wisdom to discern right from wrong and the courage to seek reconciliation where it is needed. Let my day be a reflection of Your grace, as I aim to embody the same forgiveness You've so freely given to me.

In the name of Your precious Son, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.
May this prayer guide you through your morning and offer you a sense of peace and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment