Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Morning Prayer for Thursday, November 23, 2023

 

The Morning Prayer
Thursday, November 23, 2023

“I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep. When the hired man, who is not a shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees a wolf coming, he leaves the sheep and runs away; so the wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them."
John 10:11–12 (GNT)


Gracious and Loving Shepherd, as the dawn breaks and a new day emerges, I am reminded of Your unfailing presence and Your promise in John 10, where Jesus declared, "I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep. When the hired man, who is not a shepherd and does not own the sheep, sees a wolf coming, he leaves the sheep and runs away; so the wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them."

Lord, You have shown us the depth of Your love and care by willingly laying down Your life for us, Your flock. I am grateful for Your unwavering protection and guidance. I pray that, as I journey through today, You guide my steps, fill my heart with Your love, and keep me away from any harm that seeks to scatter or dismay me.

Help me to trust in Your providence, and to never flee in the face of challenges, but rather to find strength and courage in Your steadfast love. Bless my endeavors today, and let me be a reflection of Your compassion and kindness to everyone I encounter.

May I always remember that, in every circumstance, You are my Good Shepherd, leading, guarding, and nurturing me. I place this day and every day into Your caring hands, trusting in Your promise to be by my side. Amen.
I hope this prayer resonates with you and brings comfort and peace to your morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment