Praying the Scriptures
Monday Evening Prayer
March 24, 2025
For there is still a vision for the appointed time; it speaks of the end, and does not lie. If it seems to tarry, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)
O Lord,
As the sun sets behind the rugged peaks of the mountains, painting the sky in hues of amber and indigo, I come before You in the stillness of this desert night. The land is quiet, save for the whisper of the wind through the mesquite and the distant cry of a night bird. In this moment, I pause to seek Your presence, to listen for Your voice amid the silence.
You have spoken, Lord, and Your promises remain true. Though the vision tarries, I will wait for it, for it will surely come and will not delay beyond Your perfect time. Teach me patience in the waiting, faith in the unseen, and trust in the journey You have set before me.
Like the stars that emerge one by one in the vast expanse above, Your truth shines forth, steady and unchanging. In a world of uncertainty, You are my firm foundation. Even when my path is unclear and the answers seem distant, I will stand upon the watchtower of faith, knowing that You are working all things for good.
Tonight, Lord, I place my burdens before You. The cares of the day, the worries that linger—You know them all. Grant me rest in the assurance that Your will unfolds in due season. Fill my heart with peace, my mind with clarity, and my soul with the strength to endure.
As the night deepens and the cool desert air settles over the land, let my spirit find its rest in You. In the promise of a new dawn, I place my hope. In the certainty of Your love, I lay down my fears. Keep me in Your watchful care until morning light awakens the world once more.
In the name of Jesus, who is the light that no darkness can overcome, I pray.
Amen.
May this prayer bring solace and inspiration as you end your day in reflection and peace.
The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:
Post a Comment