Thursday, May 19, 2016

His Princess Every Day - Conquer Evil

Devotionals for Women - Inspirational author and speaker Sheri Rose Shepherd imagines what a letter written from God to you would look like.

My Princess Warrior,

No unrighteous act is unseen by me, my love; you never need to give in to the temptation to conquer evil by responding with evil. The enemy of your soul wants you to give in to your anger. You will lose your integrity anytime you attempt to triumph over evil with evil. The only way to deal with your enemies and protect yourself in the heat of battle is to guard your heart and pray for your enemies so you don’t become like them. Revenge only brings pain; My way brings healing to a world filled with heartache and pain. I want you to win by loving others most when they deserve it the least... the way I love you!

Love,
Your King and your Shield

 
Instead, if your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good. - Romans 12:20–21 (NLT)

A Prayer to Conquer Evil


Conqueror of evil! I pray that you will rely on the strength of God to love your enemies and bless those who curse you. May you not be distracted or angered by the wrong doing of your enemies. I pray instead that you will be full of grace and love. May your enemies see the light of Jesus in you, and may they be directed toward our God by your example of His love. I pray that you will be faithful to this truth even in the hardest times. In Jesus' name, amen.

You prepare a feast for me
In the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings. - Psalm 23:5
(NLT)


This devotional is written by Sheri Rose Shepherd. All content copyright Sheri Rose Shepherd 2015. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. Visit HisPrincess.com for devotionals, books, videos, and more from Sheri Rose Shepherd.