Monday, October 14, 2024

Evening Prayer for Monday, October 14, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Monday Evening Prayer

October 14, 2024

Let me hear what God the LORD will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his faithful, to those who turn to him in their hearts. Surely his salvation is at hand for those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land. (Psalm 85:8–9)

Heavenly Father,

On this quiet Monday evening, as the sun dips below the horizon and the sky paints itself in shades of autumn, I pause to listen for Your voice. For in Your words, Lord, I find peace—peace that promises to envelop my heart if only I will heed Your call to fear not but follow steadfastly.

I come before You, seeking guidance and wisdom. Let me hear what You, God, will speak. For You speak peace to Your faithful people, to those who turn their hearts to You. May I not turn back to folly but walk ever forward on the path You have laid out for me.

In the stillness of this October night, I am reminded of Your love and Your faithfulness that stretches across the seasons. May Your salvation be near to me, that Your glory may dwell in our land. Bind our community together in harmony and mutual care as we trust in Your eternal promises.

Grant us Your peace, not as the world gives, but as only You can. We await Your goodness, Lord, ready to receive the blessings You pour forth from Your generous hand.

In the sacred silence of this evening, I thank You for the assurance of Your presence, for the beauty of this world, and for the breath of life. Keep us close to You as we embark upon this week, walking in Your ways and reflecting Your love in all that we do.

Amen.

May this prayer bring peace and reflection to your evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. "Praying the Scriptures" is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment