Thursday, October 17, 2024

Evening Prayer for Thursday, October 17, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Thursday Evening Prayer

October 17, 2024

The night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. (Romans 13:12)

Lord of Light,

As the sun sets over the mesas and the chill of October whispers through the piƱon pines, I come before You in humble prayer. "The night is far gone, the day is near." Let me cast away the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.

In this evening hour, I ask for the courage to live in Your truth, to wear Your light as my garment. May it shield me from temptation and illuminate the path toward Your grace. Help me to see the dawn of Your love in every act of kindness I offer, and in every word of truth, I speak.

As the stars begin to pepper the vast New Mexican sky, remind me of the multitude of blessings You have laid before me. Strengthen my resolve to do what is right and just, reflecting Your light in a world that often dwells in shadows.

Grant peace to those who feel the weight of the night and warmth to those who face the cold alone. Let us awaken to a brighter day, renewed in spirit and committed to walking in Your ways.

In Your holy name, I pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and comfort as you end your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment