Thursday, October 17, 2024

Morning Prayer for Thursday, October 17, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Thursday Morning Prayer

October 17, 2024

The night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light. (Romans 13:12)

Heavenly Father,

As the first light of this October morning paints the vast New Mexican skies, I am reminded of Your enduring mercy and the fresh opportunities each new day brings. Your Word in Romans tells us, "the night is far gone, the day is near." Let this dawn be a symbol of the light You bring into our lives, dispelling the darkness of sin and sorrow.

Lord, as I witness the golden hues stretching across the mesas and the chill of the desert morning yielding to the warmth of the sun, help me to lay aside the works of darkness. Clothe me in the armor of light so that I might walk honestly as in the day, free from strife and envy. Nurture in me the courage to embrace Your truth, and grant me the strength to uphold love and justice.

In this quiet moment, I thank You for the beauty of this land and the peace it offers to my soul. May my actions today reflect Your love and light, and may I be a beacon of hope and compassion to those around me.

Through Your grace, help me to live this day fully, embracing each task and every encounter as an opportunity to serve You. And when the sun sets over the high desert, may I rest in the assurance that in You, the night is truly far gone and the day is indeed near.

In Jesus' name, I pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and inspiration for your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment