Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Evening Prayer for Wednesday, October 16, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Wednesday Evening Prayer

October 16, 2024

But when he heard this, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.” (Matthew 9:12–13)

Lord of the Evening Light,

As the sun sets behind the mesas of New Mexico, painting the sky with strokes of orange and pink, my heart fills with gratitude for Your endless grace given to us through Jesus Christ. In Him, You have enriched us in every way, bestowing gifts of speech and knowledge that allow us to share Your truth and love.

This tranquil evening, I reflect on the blessings of this day and the spiritual gifts You have poured upon me. Thank You for the wisdom to navigate the day's challenges and the voice to speak kindness and encouragement. As the stars begin to dot the vast desert sky, I am reminded of Your constancy and the infinite reach of Your love.

Guide me through the rest of this week, Lord. Let me use the gifts You have given me to uplift others and to glorify Your name. As the cool night air settles around me, wrap me in Your peace and prepare my heart for the days ahead.

In the name of Jesus, who sustains and enriches us,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you comfort and strength as you reflect on God's promises this evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment