Monday, October 7, 2024

Morning Prayer for Monday, October 7, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Monday Morning Prayer

October 7, 2024

Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them. (John 10:14–15)

Heavenly Father,

As we greet the crisp breath of this October morning, we come before You with hearts open and spirits willing. Your Word in John reminds us, "I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and my own know me, just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep."

Lord, as Your sheep, we are comforted by the depth of Your knowledge of us—more intimate than the dew on the autumn leaves, more enduring than the changing seasons. You know our paths, our lying down, and our rising up. Teach us to trust in Your guidance as the good shepherd, leading us beside still waters and restoring our souls.

This Monday, as we begin our week, let us walk in the assurance of Your love and sacrifice. Help us to embody Your care and compassion in our interactions, to listen for Your voice in our decisions, and to follow where You lead without hesitation.

In places where the path may seem covered in fallen leaves, obscured from our sight, grant us the faith to follow, knowing You are with us, guiding every step. Let Your rod and Your staff comfort us. As we labor and bear the burdens of our day, remind us that You willingly lay down Your life for us, offering rescue, relief, and redemption.

We pray for our community, our nation, and our world—may Your peace shepherd us through the challenges we face, leading us to pastures of peace and gatherings of gratitude.

In the name of Jesus Christ, our Good Shepherd, we pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and strength as you start your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment