Monday, October 7, 2024

Evening Prayer for Monday, October 7, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Monday Evening Prayer

October 7, 2024

Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them. (John 17:25–26)

Heavenly Father,

As the sun sets on this crisp October evening, we gather in the quiet of Your presence, our hearts open to Your voice. We thank You, Lord, for the gift of this day, for the beauty of the autumn leaves, and for the gentle reminder of Your constant change and renewal in our lives.

Lord Jesus, You have declared, "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep." We are deeply grateful for Your knowing us, for calling us by name, and for leading us through the pastures of life. Teach us to recognize Your voice, that amidst the many that call out for our attention, we might discern the steadfast sound of Your call, leading us to safety and peace.

As You lay down Your life for us, help us to lay down our lives for one another. In the spirit of Your sacrifice, may we serve our families, our communities, and our world with the selflessness that You have shown. Inspire us to acts of kindness and generosity so that we might reflect Your love and care to those around us.

Protect us through this night, Lord. As the temperatures drop and the night grows deep, may Your peace that surpasses all understanding guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Let us rest in the assurance of Your watchful care, ready to rise again with the dawn, renewed in spirit and in truth.

In Your holy name, we pray,

Amen.

May this prayer bring peace and reflection to your evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment