Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Morning Prayer for Tuesday, October 15, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Tuesday Morning Prayer

October 15, 2024

But when he heard this, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners.” (Matthew 9:12–13)

Heavenly Father,

On this tranquil Tuesday morning in October, I come before You with a heart seeking healing and grace. As the leaves turn and the crisp air heralds a season of change, I am reminded of Your call to care for those in need, just as Jesus taught us through His words in Matthew 9:12-13.

Lord, You know the ailments that afflict us, not just of the body but of the spirit. Jesus said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick." I am humbled by Your compassion, which does not turn away from our weaknesses but meets us in them. Help me to embody this divine mercy, reaching out to those around me who are spiritually or physically unwell, offering them the healing balm of Your love and peace.

Jesus also reminded us, "I have come to call not the righteous but sinners." In this message, I find the courage to confront my own failings and to embrace others in their struggles. Teach me, O God, to walk in the humility that recognizes my need for Your grace every day.

As the sun rises and fills the sky with light, fill me with Your strength and wisdom. Let me be a beacon of Your love, guiding those lost back to You, just as a shepherd finds his wayward sheep. In my interactions today, may I reflect the kindness and acceptance that Jesus showed to all, inviting them into a life transformed by Your love.

Thank you, Lord, for this new day, for the beauty of this season, and for the mission You entrust to us. I pray all this in the precious name of Jesus, our healer and redeemer.

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and guidance as you start your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment