Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Morning Prayer for Tuesday, October 8, 2024

 

Praying the Scriptures

Tuesday Morning Prayer

October 8, 2024

You therefore, beloved, since you are forewarned, beware that you are not carried away with the error of the lawless and lose your own stability. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. (2 Peter 3:17–18)

Heavenly Father,

As the golden hues of autumn unfold around me this Tuesday morning, I come before You, grounded in the grace of Your eternal love. In the stillness of this new day, I am reminded by the words of Peter to remain vigilant, to guard against complacency and the subtle seductions of error that may drift subtly into my path.

Lord, grant me the wisdom to see through the deceptions, and the strength to stand firm in the truth You have laid before me. Let me not be carried away by the undercurrents of this world that seek to erode my faith, but instead, anchor me in Your righteousness.

With each breath, may I grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Nurture my spirit, that I may blossom in faith and multiply Your love through my actions and words. To Him be glory both now and to the day of eternity.

Amen.

May this prayer bring you peace and guidance as you start your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Rev. Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:

Post a Comment