Embark on a journey through the scriptures with biblical scholar Kenny Sallee as your guide. With a Master's degree in Theology and a passion for biblical studies, Kenny offers insightful commentary, profound reflections, and enriching discussions. Whether you're a seasoned scholar or a curious seeker, this platform provides a space for deepening your understanding of the Bible and growing in faith. Join us as we explore the timeless truths of God's Word together.

Saturday, March 1, 2025

Evening Prayer for Saturday, March 1, 2025

 

Praying the Scriptures

Saturday Evening Prayer

March 1, 2025

O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him. (Psalm 34:8)

Gracious and loving God,

As the sun slips behind the rugged peaks of the Florida Mountains, painting the sky with hues of gold and violet, I pause in the stillness of this March evening to rest in Your presence. The desert air is crisp, and the scent of creosote drifts in the breeze, a quiet reminder of Your handiwork.

O Lord, I have tasted and seen Your goodness in the warmth of the day and the cool of the night, in the whisper of the wind and the vast expanse of the starlit heavens. Your presence surrounds me like the steadfast hills, unshaken and true.

In You, I take refuge, laying down the burdens of this day. Where I have been anxious, grant me peace. Where I have been weary, renew my strength. Where I have faltered, lift me with Your mercy. You, O God, are my shelter, my stronghold, my ever-present help.

Let my soul rejoice in Your kindness, and may I rest tonight in the deep assurance that I am held in Your loving embrace. Keep watch over this land and all who dwell here—those who labor, those who wander, those who seek Your light in the darkness.

Bless this night, Lord, and when I wake with the morning’s first light, may my heart rise in gratitude, ready once more to taste and see the goodness of my God.

In the name of Jesus Christ, my refuge and my joy, I pray.

Amen.

May this prayer bring peace and comfort to your evening.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.


No comments:

Post a Comment