Praying the Scriptures
Monday Morning Prayer
March 3, 2025
Then he said to them all, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.” (Luke 9:23–24)
Gracious and loving Lord,
As the sun rises over the rugged peaks of the Florida Mountains and the cool desert air stirs the earth awake, I come before You, seeking to follow where You lead. The path before me is dusty and winding, yet I know that You have called me to take up my cross daily and walk in Your footsteps.
Help me, O Christ, to deny myself—to set aside my own desires, fears, and hesitations—so that I may fully embrace the life You have prepared for me. Let me not cling to what is temporary, but instead surrender all that I am into Your hands, trusting that in losing my life for Your sake, I will truly find it.
As the morning light spills across the desert floor, I am reminded that each day is a gift, a new opportunity to live in faith. Strengthen me to walk this journey with humility and courage, seeking not my own comfort but Your will. May my words bring kindness, my hands offer service, and my heart reflect Your love.
Lord, as I step into this day, keep my eyes fixed on You. When the burdens grow heavy, remind me that You walk beside me. When doubts creep in, fill me with Your peace. And when I grow weary, renew my spirit like the soft desert breeze that whispers through the mesquite and sage.
I give this day to You, Lord—my joys, my struggles, my hopes, and my fears. Let me live not for myself, but for You, and in doing so, may I find the abundant life You have promised.
In the holy name of Jesus, I pray.
Amen.
May this prayer bring you peace and strength as you start your day.
The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.

No comments:
Post a Comment