Embark on a journey through the scriptures with biblical scholar Kenny Sallee as your guide. With a Master's degree in Theology and a passion for biblical studies, Kenny offers insightful commentary, profound reflections, and enriching discussions. Whether you're a seasoned scholar or a curious seeker, this platform provides a space for deepening your understanding of the Bible and growing in faith. Join us as we explore the timeless truths of God's Word together.

Sunday, March 2, 2025

Morning Prayer for Sunday, March 2, 2025

 

Praying the Scriptures

Sunday Morning Prayer

March 2, 2025

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ’s sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed. (1 Peter 4:12-13)

Gracious and Everlasting God,

As the first light of dawn breaks over the Florida Mountains, I lift my heart to You in gratitude. The crisp morning air carries the scent of desert sage and the gentle rustling of the wind reminds me of Your Spirit moving among Your people. The land before me is rugged, yet beautiful—much like the journey of faith to which You have called me.

Lord, You have spoken through Your servant Peter, teaching me not to be surprised at the fiery trials that test me, as though something strange were happening. Instead, You call me to rejoice, for in suffering, I share in Christ’s own journey, so that when His glory is revealed, I may also be glad and shout for joy.

Strengthen me this day, O God, to walk in the light of Your promises. When trials arise, let me not shrink back in fear but stand firm, knowing that every challenge is an invitation to trust You more deeply. When hardships press in like the noonday sun, grant me the endurance of the desert flowers that bloom despite the heat. When I feel alone, remind me that I walk in the company of saints who have gone before, and in the presence of Christ, who bears my burdens with me.

Let my words today be filled with kindness, my thoughts with peace, and my actions with love. May I embrace this day not with anxiety, but with joyful expectation, knowing that every trial is shaping me into the likeness of my Savior.

I offer this prayer in the name of Jesus, my Redeemer and my strength.

Amen.

I hope this prayer brings you peace and inspiration as you start your day.


The Bible passages come from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible, copyrighted © 1989, 1993 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America and are used by permission. All rights reserved. Praying the Scriptures is penned daily by Kenny Sallee, ThM.


No comments:

Post a Comment