Saturday, January 30, 2016

Meditation for January 30, 2016

John 6:19-20 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were terrified. But he said to them, “It is I; do not be afraid.”

Jeremy Sierra, editor in chief for Trinity, Wall Street shares with us "My wife is from Brazil, so we go to visit her family there each year. Last year, we tried something called stand-up paddle boarding, which is pretty much what it sounds like: you stand up on a surfboard and paddle around in the ocean. I was terrible at it. I fell off at least half a dozen times. My wife, on the other hand, stood up and never looked back. (Literally. The instructor had to call out to her to come back.) Once I got the hang of it, more or less, I enjoyed being out there on the waves with someone I love.

I’ve never liked being in the ocean all that much. The sea, as the disciples learned, is uncontrollable and unpredictable—full of unseen dangers beneath the surface, much like life. And also like life, the best way to navigate the waves is with the familiar presence of those who love us."