Embark on a journey through the scriptures with biblical scholar Kenny Sallee as your guide. With a Master's degree in Theology and a passion for biblical studies, Kenny offers insightful commentary, profound reflections, and enriching discussions. Whether you're a seasoned scholar or a curious seeker, this platform provides a space for deepening your understanding of the Bible and growing in faith. Join us as we explore the timeless truths of God's Word together.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Daily Meditation for March 19, 2016 - Saint Joseph's Day

From Forward Day by Day

Luke 2:46 After three days they found Jesus in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

I’m sure Mary and Joseph must have been angry. They were probably a bit angry at themselves for losing their son in the crowds, assuming he was with others. They must have been angry with Jesus. But I wonder if there was more. Were they at least a little proud of their son? He was holding his own, sitting in the temple learning from the teachers. I love the humanizing aspect of this story, this one little insight into the dynamics of the Holy Family.

I also love that this scripture reminds us that Jesus grew over his lifetime: “Jesus increased in wisdom and in years, and in divine and human favor.” How did he grow? When he gained the wisdom of years, how was it different for this son of God? We know he was without sin, but I wonder if he ever thought back and wished he’d done something differently? There is so much to ponder in these few verses, so much wisdom and understanding for us to gain. Today we remember Saint Joseph, guardian of the incarnate word, who was present to see this Jesus grow up.