Monday, March 28, 2016

Daily Meditation for March 28, 2016 - Monday in Easter Week

From Forward Day by Day

Matthew 28:10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”

Yesterday was Easter, right? Well, not exactly. In fact, we are just getting started on a great season in which we spend fifty days celebrating the wonders of Easter. By this afternoon, most of the stores, which were selling Easter candy, will have removed their displays. But we Christians know that today is only day two of fifty.

The father of one of my friends makes a habit of answering his phone differently this season. Instead of hello, he answers, “Alleluia! Christ is risen!” Before you conclude he must be some kind of overly enthusiastic Christian, I assure you, he is an Episcopalian!

I wonder what might happen if we made our Easter joy known to the world. What conversations might start up? What amount of hope and Good News might we spread?